An animated explainer video is a 60 second online video designed to promote a business or service. In terms of cost, you will find quotes ranging from $500 to $30,000+ which means a lot more research is needed if you want to find a video maker that suits your budget. Research indicates that the average cost for a top notch video is $5,000-$10,000.
Explainer videos may seem expensive but they have the potential to be one of the best investments your company will ever make. Crazy Egg has shown the way as its explainer video helped increase its conversion rate by 64% while its revenue jumped $21,000 a month! Suddenly, the mooted cost of an animated explainer video doesn’t seem so bad!
But what are the costs associated with creating an animated explainer video? Read on to find out more.
The Video Creation Process
Those who are surprised by the supposedly ‘high’ cost of making an animated explainer video don’t understand the amount of work that goes into each production. It is a lengthy process that can take 1-2 months and is comprised of multiple stages which we outline below.
• Research: The producer takes a forensic look at your brand and goals to ascertain the goals your company has in mind for the video.
• Script Writing: A great script helps engage the viewer and quickly establishes their problems while empathising with them before showing why the company offers the solution. The script needs to outline the benefits of a product/service/business to viewers before finishing with a strong call to action.
• Style & Illustration: First and foremost, you should only hire a company that uses hand-illustrated characters. Beware video makers that try to pass off template characters. The video company should show you several variations of the characters to be used in the video and get your approval.
• Storyboards & Styleframes: Once the characters and script are in place, the next step is to create a sketched representation of every frame in the video. It shows how the story will flow and you should also receive static renderings of what the finished product should look like.
• Voiceover: The next step is to hire a professional voice artist to come into a studio and record a reading of the script. Audio quality is crucial so look for video companies with access to experienced voiceover professionals.
• Design & Animation: The artist designs all the frames for the animator who breaks everything apart and animates each piece to match the voice recording. If there are storyboard or script changes at this stage it will throw a spanner in the works.
• Music & Sound Effects: The final step involves a sound engineer mixing the music, sound effects and voiceover together. Poor sound quality will completely ruin even the best animated videos.
Suddenly, the cost of an animated explainer video seems more than fair! At Monkey Video Productions, we continually surprise clients with our pricing while still producing videos as good as anything you’ll see in the niche. We hire specialists for each stage of the process and the result is an animated explainer video that captures the imagination of your prospects and turns them into loyal customers. For enhanced brand identity and improved revenue, get in touch with MVP today and we’ll create a killer explainer video for you.